Friday, February 4, 2011

Thank God It's Friday!!!

My Birthday is Sunday so Alfredo and I get to go out for the day just the two of us tomorrow.  I'm so excited, a whole day just the two of us, that hardly ever happens.  He's planned the day and our friends said that they would come over and watch the kids. 
  So I went on this website yesterday that my BFF Selina sent the link to.  http://www.remodelaholic.com/.  Okay so amazing!! loved it.  I got so many neat and wonderful ideas off of there.  I can hardly wait to roll up my sleeves and get to work redoing my whole house.  I'm going to do it too.  There is a stencil project that she did that was terrific, however as Alfredo and I talked about it and I looked up stencils online, I realized how much time it would take to cut out my own stencils, so.....here comes the good cheap part.  Find a stencil you like online, copy it onto clear paper, like overhead paper and  then use your churches old overhead projector to put it up on the wall and paint and presto, you can do as big or as small as you want and where ever you want.  I'm so excited to try it.  Next week I'll be posting lots of pictures of my new adventure of making Gabby's room over and all that good stuff.  

3 comments:

  1. Happy early Birthday :) I love remodelaholic...so many great ideas! Can't wait to see your finished re-do on the bedroom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES!!!! I made it to BFF statice! hee, hee. The projector idea is fantastic. I did that with the antlers on this post:
    http://creativejuicesdecor.blogspot.com/2010/09/american-clay-contest.html

    I saw an old projector at a thrift store once for 20 bucks - almost bought it but you know the cheapy side of me kicked in and I walked away.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The projector that I have available came from the church and it's old and turqoise, so cool, but I kept forgetting to grab it and Sarah got it first, but no big deal, I'll borrow it from her and I don't have to store it now.

    ReplyDelete